- 1 How To
- 2 Reasons To Expunge
- 3 Superior Versions
- 4 Bad Reasons To Expunge
- 5 Gallery Visibility
- 6 Effects of Expunging
- 7 Rewards
- 8 Limits
- 9 Forum Links
- 10 See Also
Expunging a gallery is done via a petitioning system. In each gallery a "Petition to Expunge" link is present on the right side above the images area. This link will launch a new window with the list of reasons a gallery can be expunged as well as a comment box to explain a user's reasons for expunging. An explanation must be filled in for the first user who files an expunge petition. Subsequent users do not require a reason but cannot enter a blank explanation.
A user's mod power will determine the percentage their vote will contribute (capped at 30; 40 for base bonus users). A gallery is expunged once a petition reaches at least 100%. Once an expunge occurs it cannot be undone except by a gallery moderator/admin.
Petitions left incomplete for more than 7 days are automatically cleared. They may also be cleared by a moderator at any time.
Make sure that the gallery is visible; this status is indicated on the left-hand side of the gallery page.
Reasons To Expunge
None / Withdraw Petition
This option withdraws a user's vote. It is the default option.
This gallery is a duplicate of equal or lower quality of an earlier posted, clearly marked gallery.
This explanation requires a link to the superior/previously uploaded gallery.
- An exact duplicate already exists.
- A superior version already exists (see below).
- The gallery is a compilation of works not permitted together:
- Images from official sets (such as a comics, tankoubons, or CG sets) should not be substantially included in other collections of images.
- Combinations of chapters from multiple tankoubons are not permitted, although related chapters from multiple anthologies are.
- Multiple language translations should not be combined in a single gallery.
- At least 1 source must be provided if the source has already been posted. Alternatively, at least 1 portion of the gallery that requires separation must be specified.
- A gallery updated more than twice per 30 days (exceptions exist). A gallery expunged for this reason may not be re-published until 30+ days have passed.
A newer higher-quality and clearly marked copy of this gallery has been uploaded.
This explanation requires a link to the superior gallery.
- A superior version now exists which makes the current gallery inferior. (See below)
This gallery contains either illicit content like child porn or anything else forbidden by the Terms of Service, or otherwise falls under the Expunge Guidelines (specify below).
- Anything indexed on the Do Not Post list.
- Amateur cosplay porn (if any person cannot be verified as being 18+ years of age).
- Real children regardless of nudity or sexuality.
- Real guro, extreme BDSM, bestiality or anything else considered "obscene" by law.
- Intentionally adding censorship beyond the artist's.
- Mainstream commercial manga and its publishers.
- Anything that does not fit with the theme of the site (e.g. memes, photos of real places/objects, etc.)
- Politically charged or extremist content.
Tag: forbidden content
- Non-cosplay porn or pictures of real people.
- Generic cosplay (any cosplay not from an established series or character).
Exceptions are made if the image(s) are a genuine part of the work (e.g. real porn ads inside of anthologies).
Asian Porn uploaded before 2012-02-15 (if otherwise considered acceptable) is exempt.
- A gallery composed of mostly watermarked reproductions advertising any websites that are not the original source of the images.
- Having less than 8 images (unless it is a sample / complete work / ongoing story/set).
- Having tiny or barely visible images.
(No tag is used for these)
The most common type of superiority is the amount of content a gallery contains. There are 3 classifications of content:
||Always. A gallery missing any core content can be replaced by one that has more/all of it.|
||Can be included but cannot replace an existing gallery with all of its core content.|
||Not at all, but do not make a gallery expungable.|
The following factors also make a gallery superior to other versions:
- Corrected Order
- Front cover placement.
- For non-covers this only applies to stories or other instances where image order actually matters.
- Better Quality
- This includes cleaner scans, no watermarks/scanmarks, increased legibility of text, no folding marks, less artifacts, more visible contrast, etc.
- Images should be as released by the source. Conversions, retouching, leveling, splitting double-pages into singles, or removing original source watermarks are NOT permitted.
- Maximum DPI is 300; anything greater is considered excessive.
- Single page scans are preferred over double-page scans.
- A fully complete gallery may replace an incomplete one of superior image quality; however, if both galleries are incomplete in different ways then they both stay.(Ref)
- Larger Resolution
- Upscales do NOT qualify.
- Duplicate Images Removed
- Updated Translations
- The edits must have been done by the same translator(s).
|1|| Original artist posting their own art
|2|| Translator posting their own translation
|3|| Commissioner of the art or translation (proof required)
Priority 1-2 uploads can only be replaced if the new gallery is from the same user (or another member of the same translation team).
All versions of the following may exist simultaneously:
- Translated and Raw versions
- Translations by different translators
- Different censorships
- Colored and Uncolored versions
- Uncensored and Censored versions
- Paper scans and Digital versions
- Imagesets of any theme, if uploaded by a different user. There is no such thing as a "more complete" collection in this regard.
Bad Reasons To Expunge
|Gallery contains lolicon, shotacon, toddlercon, incest, abortion, guro, or scat content||Tag the gallery with the appropriate tag(s) and move on. This also applies to anything else seen as "unappealing" as a fetish.|
|Miscategorized||Tag the gallery with the correct category to help change it.|
|Gallery is non-pornographic||Tag with non-h, misc, or non-nude (whichever is appropriate).|
|Incorrect Name||Make or request a rename petition.|
|Incomplete / Sample||An incomplete/sample gallery may only be expunged via replacement by a more complete gallery.|
|Torrent||A gallery's torrents (or lack thereof) are not relevant to the gallery itself. The EHTracker has a separate expunging system.|
|Themeless||Galleries with no central theme are permitted.|
|Rewrite / Redraw||Rewrites and redraws are permitted.|
|Mistagged||Post the incorrect tags here.|
|Uploader / User Request|| Uploaders do not have claim to their galleries once published. Copyright claims can only be done via reporting.
Misrepresenting copyright ownership will lead to a permanent ban.
The following are the correct actions for underage content:
|Drawn||lolicon / shotacon / toddlercon||X||X|
|Realistic 3D||forbidden content||X||✔|
|Real children (regardless of nudity or sexuality)||realporn||✔||✔||Post here to alert moderators.|
If a gallery is "Visible" to at least 1 user (besides Tenboro) it is counted as existing in the system and thus any re-uploads should be expunged.
Effects of Expunging
- Expunged galleries do not earn any GP. Galleries expunged within 4 hours oftheir publishing will receive no GP at all.
- Expunged galleries become unsearchable by default; they can be searched via the advanced search setting "Show Expunged Galleries".
- Expunged galleries may be deleted at any time by their uploader via the My Galleries UI.
Repeated poor use of expunge petitions may result in the user being banned from using them further.
- Users cannot start expunge petitions on galleries that have previously been de-expunged. Veto holders are exempt and other users may join in should a vetoer start a petition.
- Re-Up vigilante - For posting galleries that require more votes or asking if they are appropriate to expunge.
- Wrongfully Expunged Galleries - For invalid expunges to be undone or invalid updates to be reverted.
- Not sure which to keep, which to expunge - For discussing difficult cases (e.g. very similar galleries).
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Archives • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|