This is for more technical and advanced information about the tagging system.
When a user attempts to add a tag for the first time they will be prompted by a disclaimer stating the guidelines for tagging. This is a setting stored in the user's cookies so clearing them resets accepting the disclaimer.
- Normal = White
- Upvoted = Green
- Downvoted = Red
- Selected = Blue
- Slave = Gray (can only be downvoted)
- Downvoted slave = Dark red (cannot be undone)
- Upvoted slave = Dark green (cannot be redone)
Slave tags are tags that have been grouped together under a single master tag. Tags may be grouped because they are misspellings or they are closely similar concepts. The master will be the most correct spelling or usefully abstracted term (e.g. sex toys is the master for "dildo").
When a tag is slaved all current instances of that tag remain on the galleries and are searchable. The master tag does not appear on those galleries until placed there by a user (which may be done simply by voting up the slaved tag).
Attempting to tag a slaved tag will automatically tag the master instead. Searching for a slaved tag will yield any results from that tag as well as from its master. Searching for a master does NOT return results from any of its slaves.
Master tags may have 1 alias each (selected from its slaves). This will include the slave tag's name after the master tag, separated by a vertical bar. This is used primarily for parodies and creators well-known by more than 1 name.
Example: "parody:the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya | suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu"
Tag Mod Power
Like many functions on E-Hentai, tagging operates on users' mod power.
- Upvotes use mod power equal to that of the user while downvotes use half of that, rounded up. Users with veto power downvote at their full mod power instead.
- Certain tags cannot be voted on without a minimum amount of mod power; this is to prevent abuse/misuse by newer users.
- Tags that have never been used before require 25 mod power to be used for the first time and only in the Misc namespace.
- This is ONLY intended for artist (a:), character (c:), circle/maker (g:) and parody/series (p:).
Even with the required power, a proper request MUST be made in this thread.
Fetish tag requests must ALWAYS be suggested before any tagging.
- Uploaders tagging or voting up tags on their own galleries receive a +20 mod power bonus. Downvoting is not affected.
Tags gain certain attributes if they reach specific amounts of mod power:
|MP||Effect on Tag|
|5+||The Tag Flagging Hath Perk works on the tag.|
Namespaces indicate a tag's purpose. Some tags cannot be entered without an accompanying namespace; this is intentional. Any tag without a default namespace will request that the user enter one of the accepted namespaces already paired with the tag. Please attempt to use the tag in conjunction with the correct namespace. If there is a valid namespace not permitted for use post it here.
- The field to add tags has an input cap of 200 characters.
- Tags listed in order of power when they are of equal power are listed in reverse alphabetical order.
- Tags can only be added to published galleries.
- Tag Groups - A list of master tags and their slaves.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Doggie Bag • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|