This is for more technical and advanced information about the tagging system.
When a user attempts to add a tag for the first time they will be prompted by a disclaimer stating the guidelines for tagging. This is a setting stored in the user's cookies so clearing them resets accepting the disclaimer.
- Normal = White
- Upvoted = Green
- Downvoted = Red
- Selected = Blue
- Slave = Gray (can only be downvoted)
- Downvoted slave = Dark red (cannot be undone)
- Upvoted slave = Dark green (cannot be redone)
Slave tags are tags that have been grouped together under a single master tag. Tags are typically grouped because they are misspellings or are synonymous. The master tag will be the most correct spelling or approved tag (e.g. sex toys is the master for "dildo").
Slave tags are rarely seen by non-moderators as an autotagger removes them after a period of time. Attempting to tag a slaved tag will automatically tag the master instead.
Master tags may have 1 alias each (selected from its slaves). The slave tag's name is displayed after the master tag, separated by a vertical bar. This is used primarily for parodies and creators well-known by more than 1 name.
Example: "parody:the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya | suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu"
Tag Mod Power
Like many functions on E-Hentai tagging operates on users' mod power.
- Upvotes use mod power equal to that of the user while downvotes use half of that, rounded up. Users with veto power downvote at their full mod power instead.
- Certain tags cannot be voted on without a minimum amount of mod power; this is to prevent abuse/misuse by newer users.
- Tags that have never been used before require 25 mod power to be used for the first time and only in the Misc namespace.
- Uploaders tagging or voting up tags on their own galleries receive a +20 mod power bonus. Downvoting is not affected.
Tags gain certain attributes if they reach specific amounts of mod power:
|MP||Effect on Tag|
|5+||The Tag Flagging Hath Perk works on the tag.|
Namespaces indicate a tag's purpose. Some tags cannot be entered without an accompanying namespace; this is intentional. Any tag without a default namespace will request that the user enter one of the accepted namespaces already paired with the tag. Please attempt to use the tag in conjunction with the correct namespace. If there is a valid namespace not permitted for use post it here.
- The field to add/upvote tags has an input cap of 200 characters.
- Tags listed in order of power when they are of equal power are listed in reverse alphabetical order.
- Tags can only be added to published galleries.
- Tag Groups - A list of master tags and their slaves.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Archives • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|