E-Hentai Galleries FAQ
The following is a list of frequently asked questions in regards to the E-Hentai Galleries.
- How do I download a gallery?
- See Downloading.
- What do I do if I run out of favorite slots?
- You can buy more via the More Favorites Hath Perks.
- Can I develop scripts for the galleries?
- Yes, there is even an API.
- Why are My Settings resetting?
- Most settings are stored locally in your browser's cookies, not on the server.
- Favorite categories and Tag Flagging flags are stored in the server's database and carry over when switching to another profile or browser.
- Do any galleries require an add-on, script, VPN, or proxy to be visible?
- No. In fact the use of any add-ons, scripts, VPNs, or proxies to access the site may hinder a user's ability to view galleries.
- Additionally, it is highly discouraged to use anything that requests or intercepts your login information as it may become stolen.
- Do any galleries require forum posting to be visible?
- Do any galleries require mod power to be visible?
- Do any galleries require a donation to be visible?
- Do any galleries require playing in the HentaiVerse to be visible?
- Do any galleries require posting comments to be visible?
- Do any galleries require tagging to be visible?
- Do any galleries require uploading to be visible?
- Do any galleries require karma to be visible?
- Do any galleries require a particular browser to be visible?
- Do any galleries require a particular OS to be visible?
- Do any galleries require any software to be visible?
- Can I browse a gallery without using a mouse?
- Yes, just use the Gallery Hotkeys.
- What is the best method to view the galleries on a tablet / mobile device?
- It is recommended to use the Lo-Fi Galleries.
- Why can I not select "Normal" thumbnails?
- Newer galleries have their larger thumbnails generated first. Smaller thumbnails are given a lower priority so they may not be available right away.
- How do I filter out things I do not want?
- Use exclusions by utilizing the minus sign in front of the terms you wish to filter out. Note that negative-only searches are not possible. You may also wish to purchase the Tag Flagging Hath Perk as a more permanent solution.
- Why am I (not) finding things that I've added to my tag search?
- By default searches require the tags to be 10+ mod power to count for the search. You may use the advanced search options to enable searching lower power tags.
- You may also wish to use quotation marks if the terms you are using consist of any spaces (e.g. "big breasts" not big breasts).
- Why am I finding galleries in languages that I've filtered in my settings?
- The relevant tag(s) need to have 100+ mod power for at least ~15 minutes to count for that filter.
- Why is my search finding nothing at all?
- Certain search terms are blocked for various reasons.
- Can I search gallery comments?
- Not using the site's search engine; however it is possible by using a third-party engine such as Google.
- Is there any way to search private galleries?
- What fetish tags are officially accepted?
- See Fetish Listing.
- What do the borders around a tag mean?
- Tags with solid lines have be voted up to 100+ power and those with broken lines have less than that.
- What do I do if I find a mistag that I can't downvote completely?
- If you are certain that the tag is wrong (please be sure to read its definition first) then post it and your reasoning here.
- What do I do if can't use a tag in the proper namespace?
- If you are sure that it is correct tag it in the misc namespace and request it to be assigned the proper namespace here.
- Do I need an account to use torrents?
- Does my share ratio affect anything?
- How often do my stats update?
- Between 15 minutes to 4 hours depending on the server load.
- Can I distribute torrents that I have made to other websites?
- Yes, just be sure it's the public torrent and not the personalized one.
- Can other users add additional rewards to my bounties?
- Do bounties expire?
- Bounties expire after 30 days unless they are topped up by at least 5,000 credits. As long as this is done the bounty can last indefinitely.
- What do I do in case of a dispute?
- PM Tenboro
- Where should I deploy my new client?
- Asia has the highest demand and Europe has the lowest.
- If you run a high-speed, high-traffic targeted VPS with high capacity, Asia (if affordable) is best. A 1 TiB SSD is recommended for cache capacity and endurance as the client's disk I/O is low.
- If you are running the client on a home connection, just ensure the region is correct for optimal performance.
- Why is my new client doing nothing?
- This is normal for brand new clients. Leave it running for a few days and make sure logging is enabled to track potential connectivity issues.
- How can I improve my client's performance?
- If your cache exceeds the static range cache limit (a permanent allocation of 175 MB per range is needed), allot more disk cache for more static ranges.
- If your connection, disk I/O and bandwidth cap allow for it, allot more upload speed for higher priority, more connections (if below 4800 KB/s) and better average hitrate.
- The number of files in your cache does not affect your traffic. Only the speed, location, quality and number of assigned static ranges matter for your hitrate.
- Do I have to run the client 24/7?
- It is beneficial to have it run for as long as possible. Clients that are frequently offline will perform much worse and get less priority, which in turn leads to even worse overall performance.
- How do I receive static ranges?
- Any properly running client will be assigned them over time assuming decent activity. A maxed out client can receive up to 48 ranges a day, up to 5000 total. Note that maintaining 5000 ranges requires at least 855 GB of disk cache.
- Is H@H traffic encrypted?
- Can I prevent certain content from being received/served by my client?
- Can I prevent certain content from being in my client's cache?
- Can I allocate disk cache even if it is not available at the time?
- Yes. The client will stop caching new files or assigning new static ranges if this would cause free disk space to drop below the limit. 100 MB is the default if not set.
- Higher cache sizes have no direct impact on performance. It is usually recommended to allocate more as needed as all clients must keep it dedicated.
- Can I increase disk cache without a restart?
- Yes. The opposite is not true and may require forced removal of excess assigned static ranges until they match the new cache size. Once static ranges are unassigned, they will have to be assigned again over time.
Privacy / Security
- Can the galleries use SSL / HTTPS?
- Technically no. While this is possible for the servers ~99% of images are served by the H@H cluster by default.
- Can I use Tor or a proxy to view the galleries?
- Yes but be mindful that some IP addresses have been abused in the past and thus are banned.
- Is my IP recorded when I view a gallery?
- For gallery stat purposes it is stored very briefly on the server's RAM.
- "If you don't actively mark a gallery in any way, the site forgets that you even visited within three minutes or so" - Tenboro, Sept. 2015
- Is my IP recorded when I submit anything?
- Yes, any publicly visible content (galleries, torrents, bounties, comments, forum posts, etc.) will record the IP used to submit it at the time of submission.
- Is there anything that would get me reported to any authorities?
- Only posting child pornography can result in this.
- Do the H@H clients that serve images to me remember what I've viewed?
- Yes but this is largely temporary and requires the client to have logging enabled. It is possible to have images not be served by the H@H cluster using your My Settings page.
- Does the system track my searching history?
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Doggie Bag • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer • Classic E-Hentai Galleries|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|