A guide to uploading galleries.
- Ensure that none of the content is forbidden; this is primarily based on the content's publisher.
- Check that the content is not already uploaded. Any gallery that it is marked as "Visible" counts as existing in the system. This step generally isn't necessary for imageset-type galleries.
- Remove any duplicate or blank images before uploading. Use software such as VisiPics.
- There is a risk the gallery will be expunged as a compilation if it includes portions of comics or CG sets. An imageset dedicated to an artist should only contain "loose" images not included in their published comics/sets.
- Sort and remove any mixed content (Cosplay, 3D, and 2D content should not be in the same gallery; likewise with Asian and Western content). There are separate categories for a reason.
- Where applicable, double-check that the order of the images is correct.
- Filenames can only contain alphanumeric characters, hyphens, and underscores. Any non-ASCII characters will be discarded.
- The system may or may not accept such files without any error messages. Check the outcome in the pre-publish screen after adding the files. Non-ASCII filenames inside of uploaded archives will result in mojibake and may lead to missing files without any error.
- Keep folder names if they contain useful meta information, and split with underscores or hyphens.
- Go to My Galleries.
- Click the "Create New Gallery" link.
- Fill in as much information as possible (name and description). Galleries require a Romanized/Main title. The Japanese title field is not needed for non-Asian works; leave blank if uncertain.
- Choose a folder for the gallery's placement (this only affects where it is found in the My Galleries screen). The default is "Unsorted".
- Select which category the gallery falls under.
- Read the Terms of Service, then check the box indicating that the terms have been read and agreed upon.
- Add archives or images that make up the gallery's content. Up to 2,000 files can be selected. Click the "Start Upload" button.
- Wait for the upload to complete, the page will forward automatically. Users with lower speeds should split their upload into smaller batches.
- Choose a sorting method at the bottom of the page: "Apply with Standard Sort", "Apply with Natural Sort", or "Apply with Current Ordering".
- Check over the content. Add, remove, or re-order any images as desired. Repeat the above step unless no such actions were taken.
- Once satisfied with the content and sorting click "Publish Gallery" to make the gallery public. By doing so the user acknowledges that the gallery henceforth belongs to the community.
At any time before publishing any changes made can be saved by clicking "Save Changes" (aside from file uploads which automatically save). Once a gallery is published it may take a few minutes for the gallery to appear on the gallery list. Smaller-sized thumbnails will automatically be generated for new or updated galleries after the larger thumbnails are made.
- Accepted formats and maximum filesizes for each individual image:
- Image resolution must be a minimum of 100 x 100 (and a total of at least 251); maximum 20,000 x 20,000. Large thumbnails will be processed in JPEG format using a 200 x 300 best fit (250 x 375 for the cover).
- Images above 2,400px width or over 10MB will be downscaled, resampled and, if applicable, converted to JPG for default viewing.
- Images that exceed the filesize cap may be converted in order to shrink their filesize (with as little quality loss as possible). The gallery's description must state this and the original files should be included in the gallery's torrent.
- Galleries are capped at 2,000 images.
- For whole works that exceed 2,000 images it is acceptable to create 2+ galleries. Each gallery besides the last must fully utilize its 2,000 image allotment.
- While animated GIFs are permitted APNG is not fully supported at this time.
- Maximum gallery size is 10GB.
- Accepted archive formats: RAR, ZIP
- It is strongly recommended not to archive multiple folders together. Users should archive folders one at a time instead and upload them sequentially. This will help prevent out of order situations.
- Compression method should be Deflate, LZMA, PPMd or uncompressed (Store). Word size should not exceed 32. Encryption is not permitted. RAR5 is not supported.
- Maximum size for a single upload action is . Uploading any more than this will cause the upload to silently fail and be discarded once finished.
All modifications to galleries can be done through the My Galleries UI.
- A gallery's category and description may be changed at any time.
- A gallery's name may not be changed after 24 hours have passed or if the gallery underwent a successful rename petition. Further renaming requires a new petition that must surpass the existing one.
- Once a gallery is published adding, removing, or reordering files will require creating a cloned gallery and counts as an update. The new (child) gallery immediately replaces the older one (with a new timestamp) once published. Cloned galleries are linked to the gallery chain and retain all tags, favorites, ratings, description, and comments.
- It is a courtesy to indicate what additions/changes were made when updating (using the description field).
- Bump Limit: To prevent front page abuse galleries will be expunged if they are updated more than 2 times per 30 days.
- Any valid additions to artist-specific galleries, ongoing comics / cg sets, or ongoing translation projects. These must be based on what is released by the artist / translator.
- Any changes for fixing an expungeable gallery (e.g. removing forbidden images).
A gallery becomes "aged" 1 year after its last publishing. Such galleries cannot have their files modified. Any necessary changes require re-uploading and replacement expunging the existing gallery. This starts a brand new gallery chain without any of the previous gallery's metadata.
- Users may choose to make a torrent of their gallery's contents post-publish. These torrents may also include non-image files or anything not present in the gallery.
- All files in a torrent must still adhere to the rules and must be relevant to the gallery. Any abuse of the torrent system may result in a ban.
- Users besides the gallery's owner may make torrents for the gallery as well.
Each hit on a user's galleries rewards GP. Users will not be rewarded until after 4 hours have passed and the gallery is not expunged during that time. Getting enough hits can also earn a ranking in the uploader / gallery toplists.
If uploading content with a bounty on it, be sure to contact the bounty poster to claim the reward.
- All formal works (books, comics, cg sets) must be uploaded "as published" by their original creator as closely as possible.
- Non-supported image files such as BMP or PPM must be converted to PNG of the same resolution as the non-supported file type.
- Uploading both JPG along with the PNG files is permitted if they are both distributed by the work's creator.
- File sizes should remain reasonable. It is permitted to downscale original images only to bypass the 10MB file size limit (and the original files must be included in the gallery's torrent).
- PDF files should not lead to absurd resolution upscales (e.g. 4534x6405 where 1360x1920 is better). Users are encouraged to use the best non-artifacted resolution and provide the original PDF in a torrent.
- My Galleries
- FAQ - Uploading
- Technical Issues - Your Galleries
- A guide on how to create a quality imageset
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Archives • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces) • My Tags|
|Other||Commenting • Expunging • Mod Power • Rating • Renaming • Reporting|
|Rewards||Credits • Gallery Points • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||API • Bans • FAQ • My Home • Technical Issues|