- Rounds: 10 - 100 (see below).
- Monsters: Random amount per round but tends to rise as the round counter increases.
- Difficulty: Monster damage starts at 100% base and increases by 2% per round.
- Credits Bonus (Penalty): 1/4x.
- EXP Bonus: 1x - 1.2x (see below).
- Stamina: Consumed entirely upfront rather than per round.
- Gives a certain amount of PXP (Potency Experience) towards increasing the potency of the equipment.
Clearing an Item World earns PXP (Potency Experience). When equipment has enough PXP, its Potency Level (Tier) will increase by 1 and equipment will got certain improvements, named Potency, which will increase innate equipment's stats or provide brand new.
All equipment starts at Potency Level (Tier) 0, and can be leveled up to Potency Level (Tier) 10. At Level 10 an equipment piece ceases to gain PXP and no longer shows up in the Item World.
The amount of PXP required for the next Potency Level (Tier) is displayed next to the equipment's "Potency Tier:" text string and increases as the item gains new level. Formula for exact amount of PXP player will gain upon completing Item world is:
PXP gain = roundup(Item round count * PXP modifier)
|Difficulty||PXP modifier for
|PXP modifier for |
Potencies unlocked when equipment earns enough PXP (Potency Experience) for clearing Item World battle mode. They may increase current equipment's stats, or provide absolutely new. These additional stats cannot be further upgraded in the forge. Potency Level (Tier) will increase by 1 as well.
One equipment may have only three different potencies, maximum level of a single potency may be five. Elemental strikes on weapons ignore this cap.
Additional levels of potency are more likely to level up existing ones rather than give new ones (50% chance when you have one, 75% when you have two).
Player can get any potency to any equipment, with few exceptions:
- Staff with "of focus" suffix cannot get Economizer potency.
- Any armor with a mitigation prefix (Ruby, Cobalt, Amber, Jade, Zircon, Onyx) cannot gain the elemental mitigation ('-proof') potency that matches its prefix. (e.g. Ruby cannot gain Fireproof.)
Gained Potencies can be reset by reforging in the forge. This requires Amnesia Shards equal to the equipment's Item Potency level. Players can only keep all the existing potencies or forfeit all of them. Amount of required shards to reforging may be decreased via Dark Descent Hath Perk.
|Butcher||Bonus Weapon Damage||~2.00%||X|
|Fatality||Attack Crit Damage||2.00%||X|
|Swift Strike||Attack Speed||1.92%||X|
|Annihilator||Spell Crit Damage||2.00%||X|
|Archmage||Bonus Magic Damage||~2.00%||X|
Weapon Level 10 Only
At Potency Level (Tier) 10 a weapon will always get a special potency based on what kind of weapon it is.
Weapons with ethereal prefix will get a random Elemental Strike potency from the chart below.
- Weapons with Elemental Strike potency will attack twice in a single turn.
- This does not turn a weapon into a true Elemental Weapon (as a true elemental weapon also has Elemental Damage Bonus to boost spell damage).
All other weapons will get Hollowforged potency which converts its damage type from Crushing/Slashing/Piercing to Void.
- Weapons with Hollowforged potency will attack twice in a single turn.
- This does not turn a weapon into a true Ethereal Weapon (it still has burden/interference).
Level 10 weapon has two different strikes and this means this weapon will do two different attack on a single enemy during one turn.
|Cold Strike||Adds Cold damage|
|Dark Strike||Adds Dark damage|
|Elec Strike||Adds Elec damage|
|Fire Strike||Adds Fire damage|
|Holy Strike||Adds Holy damage|
|Wind Strike||Adds Wind damage|
|Special||Hollowforged||Damage Type converts to Void, adds Void Strike|
Restrictions and rules are:
- 50 characters maximum allowed.
- The original name of the equipment will always be preserved, and will be displayed on the equipment popup below the custom name.
- Player can remove a custom name by renaming to blank or the same as the original name.
- Attaching equipment to a MoogleMail will automatically remove the custom name.
Formula for PXP
PXP(x) = PXP(1) * (1 + PXP(1)/1000)^(x-1)
Note that PXP(x) is the amount of PXP required to advance from level (x-1) to level x.
The amount of PXP required to advance from level 0 to level n is as follows:
Total PXP needed = 1000*((1+PXP(1)/1000)^n - 1)
An Item World has rounds based on the equipment's quality. It can be approximated by:
Number of Item World Rounds = 75 * ((PXP0 - 100) / 250)^3
- Player can find PXP0 near "Potency Tier:0" text string (only available before equipment got any potency).
The strength of the monsters and EXP gains depend on the quality of the item. Mostly, higher-quality equipment have significantly harder mobs than a low-quality one. Gained Experience points can be approximated by:
EXP Gains in IW = Non-IW_EXP * (PXP0 - 100) * 0.004
- Player can find PXP0 near "Potency Tier:0" text string (only available before equipment got any Potency).
- Non-IW_EXP means a regular basic experience player usually from killing monsters.
- Battles - Information about how battles operate.
- Riddlemaster - May happens before any rounds.
- Upgrade - Another method to acquire Potency Experience.
- Reforge - Removes already earned Potencies.
|Character||Menu||Stats • Training • Settings • Persona|
|Abilities||Skills • Spells (Spell Damage) • Spirit Stance|
|Levels||Experience Points • Leveling Up • Ranks • Level and Rank Table|
|Info.||Action Speed • Overcharge • Proficiencies • Stamina|
|Services||Bazaar||Equipment Shop • Item Shop • Monster Lab (Monster Stats) • Shrine • MoogleMail • The Lottery|
|The Forge||Repair • Upgrade • Enchant • Salvage • Reforge • SoulFuse|
|Items||Drops||Loot Drop Rolls • Obsolete Items|
|Equipment||Fighting Styles • Prefixes • Suffixes • Interference • Burden • Level Scaling • Ranges • Procs|
|Battles||Modes||Random Encounter • Arena • Ring of Blood • Grindfest • Item World|
|Info.||Bestiary • Damage Types • Damage (Physical Damage) • Enemy Procs • RiddleMaster|
|Misc.||Currency||Credits • Hath • Hath Perks • Gallery Points|
|Strategy||Play Styles • Advice • Advanced Advice|
|System||Dawn of a New Day • Bugs • Technical Issues • FAQ • Hotkeys • Scripts & Tools|