This is primarily an anti-cheating mechanism, but is also used to add a "Rested" EXP bonus.
Stamina is displayed at the bottom of the left sidebar as a number from 1-99. The number ranges are as follows:
|1-59||Normal||No bonuses or penalties|
|0||Exhausted||No EXP, credit, proficiency gains, potency gains, or drops from monsters. Battles can't be started when stamina < 2|
Note: The "Great" status EXP bonus is applied separately from everything else, so regardless what other bonuses a player has, they will gain twice as much.
There are two main ways that stamina is used up
It is consumed at the end of every battle round at the rate of 0.03 on Great status and 0.02 at Normal status.
- Random Encounters do not cost stamina
- Grindfests cost 1 stamina to enter.
- Item Worlds cost all stamina needed to clear them upfront.
- Fleeing or being defeated will not consume any stamina for that round.
Failing or running out of time on a RiddleMaster puzzle will instantly consume stamina depending on how many times a player has failed within the last 12 occurrences.
|Sixth and up||10|
Stamina is restored at a base rate of 24 per day (1 per hour). Stamina regenerates while in battle but the counter will not update until the player is out of battle.
Stamina can also be restored using rare items:
- Energy Drink: restore 10 points, and are primarily obtained from exchanging artifacts at the Shrine.
- Caffeinated Candy: restore 5 points, and are obtained only from The Lottery.
Note: Out of battle, the Player may only recover stamina from either item while <85 stamina. They may be consumed at any time while in battle.