Action Speed is the measure of how long any action taken by a player or monster in the HentaiVerse takes. All actions are based on 100 "time units".
Base Time Units/Action is calculated as:
minmax(20, 10000 / action_speed, 500)
Action Speed = 100 * Factors
As battles progress and time units pass, some monsters with higher action speeds may perform an additional attack against the player. Conversely, players who accumulate enough time units due to their high action speed may take a turn to perform an additional action before the monsters are allowed their action.
Base Action Speeds
In this table lower numbers indicate slower actions.
Most spells can have their cast times reduced depending on the number of ability points invested into them.
|Toggling Spirit Stance||>1.0|
|Defend, Scan, Focus||1.0|
|T1 Elemental Spells (Inferno, Snowstorm, etc.)||1.0|
|T2 Elemental (Meteor, etc.)||0.6|
|T1 Divine/Forbidden (Smite, Corruption)||0.83|
|T3 Elemental, T2 Divine (Flames of Loki, Banish, etc.)||(1/1.7)?|
|T2 Forbidden (Disintegrate)||(1/1.4)?|
|T3 Forbidden (Ragnarok)||(1/1.9)?|
|Poison, Slow, Weaken, Sleep, Nerf, X-Nerf, MagNet||2.5|
|Haste, Shadow Veil, Absorb, Spark of Life, Arcane Focus, Heartseeker, Spirit Shield||10.0|
- Using powerups always takes 0 time units.
Increasing Action Speed
- Using the Haste spell (50%) or scroll (75%).
- Getting the hath perk Innate Arcana improves a player's action economy by maintaining supportive spells without using actions.
- Using certain weapons such as Daggers and Wakizashi which have innate bonuses to attack speed, especially if they have the "of Swiftness" suffix.
- All monsters have an initiative for their first attack of 0.1 to 1 times their base action speed (chosen at random).
- Custom Monsters can increase their action speed with the Swiftness Chaos Upgrade (2.5% per rank).
- Monsters receive a free action after leaving a state of being stunned.
The cooldown time of skills are tied to the player turns instead of true action speed.
- Action Time - A thesis on how various game mechanics affect the actual amount of time units/"ticks" actions take.
- Skillchip's Testing for Action Speed and X-Mods (Apr. 2012, patch 0.6.6)
|Character||Menu||Stats • Training • Settings|
|Abilities||Skills • Spells (Spell Damage) • Spirit Stance|
|Levels||Experience Points • Leveling Up • Ranks • Level and Rank Table|
|Info.||Action Speed • Overcharge • Proficiencies • Stamina|
|Bazaar||Monster Lab (Monster Stats • Bestiary) • Shrine • MoogleMail|
|Equipment||Fighting Styles • Prefixes • Suffixes • Interference • Burden • Level Scaling • Ranges • Procs • The Forge|
|Items||Loot Drop Rolls • Obsolete Items|
|Battles||Modes||Random Encounter • Arena • Ring of Blood • Grindfest • Item World|
|Info.||Bestiary • Damage Types • Damage (Physical Damage) • Enemy Procs • RiddleMaster|
|Misc.||Currency||Credits • Credit Transfer • Hath • Hath Perks|
|Strategy||Advice • Play Styles|
|System||Dawn of a New Day • Bugs • Technical Issues • FAQ • Hotkeys • Scripts & Tools|