Galleries may be commented on by users, often to provide information or to indicate their likes and dislikes of the gallery's contents. The gallery's description is placed at the top of the comments section and cannot be voted on.
- Can use the following BBCode:
- Can be freely edited at any time (see below for limits).
- Edits made within less than 15 minutes of the original comment will not append an edit timestamp to the comment.
- Listed in the order depending on the user's My Settings choice (chronological, reverse chronological, or power).
Users may vote (and revote) on other users' comments. Votes and comments are subject to mod power (downvotes are capped at 30 + Base bonuses) and comments are hidden if they fall below -50. Users may not vote on comments if they have commented on the same gallery; existing votes will be removed upon making a comment.
- Black text means the user has not voted on this comment.
- Blue text means the user has chosen this option.
- Clicking on it will withdraw the vote. Picking the other option will withdraw the vote and cast a new, opposite vote.
- Red text and no score means the vote is invalid because of a server response error and did not get through.
- Check the technical issues article.
- Users may make multiple comments in a gallery but multiple consecutive comments will be automatically appended to each other.
- Like tagging votes, mod power is computed at the time of voting and does not change unless another vote is cast by the user.
- Only the first 13 users will have their name displayed next to their vote to save space. Additional users are hidden (and [votes-13] others...).
- Casting a new vote or removing one's vote can change this.
- Comments may not be retracted but can be edited.
- Comments may not be searched (it is possible to use a third party search engine instead).
- By default (oldest-first view) only the 45 highest-scoring and 5 most recent comments will be shown. Other settings will show the top 50 comments depending on the setting chosen.
- Comments become hidden if they fall below -50 mod power along with a veto holder's or gallery owner's downvote.
Hidden comments can be made visible by adding "?hc=1" to the end of the URL or by clicking on "There is/are x more comments below the viewing threshold - click to show all." link at the bottom of the comments section.
Comments and reviews should generally be informative, insightful, or humorous. Plot summaries also are appreciated.
- Gallery uploaders should keep their comments in the uploader field. This prevents redundancy and allows the uploader to downvote unnecessary comments more easily.
- It is advisable to update comments if they become confusing / irrelevant (e.g. Pointing out images that are forbidden content but the owner then removes them).
Examples of good comments
- Source information, such as the artist's website or where to purchase the work.
- Characters and fetish content in larger galleries along with the image #s where they appear.
- Highlighting mistakes made by the uploader (duplicate pictures, missing cover, incomplete, out of order, etc.) as such issues makes the gallery eligible for a superior version replacement.
- Typically does not apply to old galleries wherein the uploader is unlikely to fix the issue(s). Users should replace such galleries themselves if possible.
- A detailed table of contents for anthologies to make tagging and browsing easier.
- A Do Not Tag note for cover-only artists, guest artists, writers and similar content (see Gallery Tagging) to make cleanup easier.
- Linking to the other galleries if they are split e.g. galleries that exceed 2000 pictures.
- Linking to alternate versions (such as translated or text cleaned).
Examples of bad comments
- Essentially any debates or arguments. Use the forums instead.
- Highly generic comments such as "I like this" or "Thanks for uploading". While courteous, these generally are redundant and not helpful. More in-depth reviews are appreciated.
- Lengthy tirades about any particular topic are not desired as this generally leads to needless debates.
- Requests for translations, raws, decensoring, torrents, [re-]seeding of torrents, or additional images. Please contact the uploader directly or make a bounty depending on the request.
- Posting about having added a torrent to the gallery. This is already listed on the gallery's information (top-right area).
- Repeating comments on numerous galleries. This can be seen as an attempt at "point whoring" for toplist points and may result in a ban.
- Mentioning any technical issues experienced. These are better handled on the forums.
- Encouraging the upvoting of false tags (or the downvoting of valid tags), false expunges, or false renames in any way. This may result in a ban.
- Posting gibberish or irrelevant URLs. This may lead to a ban.
- Intentionally abusing or harassing other users for any reason. This can quickly lead to a ban.
At the end of a gallery's URL simply add #ulcomment to the end to go to the uploader's comment (aka the description) or #comments/#cnew to go the comments section.
- Comments shorter than 100 characters do not award points.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Doggie Bag • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer • Classic E-Hentai Galleries|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|