Prefixes are special characteristics that can be found on all types of equipment. Some prefixes can only occur on certain types of equipment.
Quality has an effect on the stats of the equipment, where higher quality equipment generally has higher stats (and lower interference and burden). Higher quality equipment Item Worlds have more difficult monsters and likewise reward more EXP.
|Name||PXP At 0||Notes|
It should be noted that quality tier is rolled first and then the stats are rolled in that tier's range, so all stats are guaranteed a certain minimum, according to that particular prefix. This fixes a situation that may have occurred on previous versions: in fact, until 0.82 stats generated prefixes, which were based on the average value of all the stats relative to their possible maximum. Therefore it was possible to have certain qualities with very low stats.
One way to quickly approximate the quality of a particular equipment piece is to observe itsat level 0. Quality can then be approximated by:
Quality ≅ (PXP0 - 100) / 250
- Have no interference or burden.
- Do Void damage, which is significantly better than crushing/slashing/piercing on most boss-class or higher monsters.
- Gives Void Strike effect (same as Elemental Strike except the damage type is void)
- At level 10 potency such weapons gain a random Elemental Strike (in addition to the existing Void Strike)
- Still affects monsters having their physical defenses reduced (i.e. Penetrated Armor).
- Functions the same as weapons affected by infusions through The Forge
- Gives Elemental Damage Bonus for one of the six magic elements
- Gives the weapon an Elemental Strike effect (additional damage in that element)
- Using infusions will give an additional Elemental Strike effect, unless the infusion is the same as the weapon's elemental type
|Radiant||Magic Damage (Phase only)|
|Mystic||Spell Critical Damage [Multiplier?] (Phase only)|
|Reinforced||Crushing/Slashing/Piercing Mitigation (Leather only)|
|Savage||Attack Critical Damage Multiplier (Shade only)|
|Heavy||Shielding||Block (Plate only)|
|Mithril||-20% Burden (applies on equip roll)|
|Savage||Attack Critical Damage Multiplier (Power only)|
|Shield||Agile||Attack Speed (Buckler and Kite Shields only)|
|Reinforced||Crushing/Slashing/Piercing Mitigation (Buckler and Kite Shields only)|
|Mithril||-20% Burden (applies on equip roll; Buckler and Kite Shields only)|
Equipment with the quality grade of "Superior" or higher have a chance to drop with a prefix.
If a prefix roll is successful:
- Weapons have different chances for each type of elemental prefix:
- Armors have different chances depending on the amount of special prefixes involved, but usually: Special prefixes ≤ Zircon/Onyx < Ruby/Cobalt/Jade/Amber.
|Character||Menu||Stats • Training • Settings • Persona|
|Abilities||Skills • Spells (Spell Damage) • Spirit Stance|
|Levels||Experience Points • Leveling Up • Ranks • Level and Rank Table|
|Info.||Action Speed • Overcharge • Proficiencies • Stamina|
|Services||Bazaar||Equipment Shop • Item Shop • Monster Lab (Monster Stats) • Shrine • MoogleMail • The Lottery|
|The Forge||Repair • Upgrade • Enchant • Salvage • Reforge • SoulFuse|
|Items||Drops||Loot Drop Rolls • Obsolete Items|
|Equipment||Fighting Styles • Prefixes • Suffixes • Interference • Burden • Level Scaling • Ranges • Procs|
|Battles||Modes||Random Encounter • Arena • Ring of Blood • Grindfest • Item World|
|Info.||Bestiary • Damage Types • Damage (Physical Damage) • Enemy Procs • RiddleMaster|
|Misc.||Currency||Credits • Hath • Hath Perks • Gallery Points|
|Strategy||Play Styles • Advice • Advanced Advice|
|System||Dawn of a New Day • Bugs • Technical Issues • FAQ • Hotkeys • Scripts & Tools|