Galleries may be searched using various criteria. For a sorted list of fetish tags see Fetish Listing.
Search terms should be separated by spaces (commas are ignored).
- Quotation Marks ("...")
- Exact search. Allows a search term to include spaces. Everything placed inside a pair of quotation marks is treated as one, whole term (wildcard characters are still interpreted as wildcards).
- Question Mark (?), Underscore (_)
- Wildcard. Can match any single character.
- Asterisk (*), Percentage Sign (%)
- Wildcard. Can match any sequence of characters (including none).
- Subtraction Sign (-)
- Exclusion. When placed before a term, prevents search results from including that term.
- Colon (:)
- Indicates the use of a namespace which specifies a tag in more detail. Can also be used to search based on gallery uploaders in the format of uploader:"NameGoesHere".
- Dollar Sign ($)
- Add at the end of a search term to do an exact search for the tag rather than searching all tags that start with the term.
The above search would match anything that starts with "comic" and is (eventually) followed by "xo" which is also (eventually) followed by a "4".
At the absolute minimum, this search could match "comicxo4". It could also match "Comic XO 2008 Vol 24" or "Comic XO 2thousand ten Vol.41" or any number of other strings.
"comic aun" -2007 -2008
For a default search including both titles and tags, this will match anything that has "comic" followed by a space followed by "aun" (the exact quoted string) in the tags or in the title but that doesn't also have "2007" or "2008" in the tags or in the title.
The matches for "comic aun" and "2007" or "2008" do not both have to occur in the title or in the tags; if "comic aun" is a tag on a gallery that has "2008" in the title, that gallery would not show up in the results of this search.
comic -"comic aun*2008"
This will match anything that has "comic" in the tags or in the title but that doesn't also have "comic" followed by a space followed by "aun" (eventually) followed by "2008" in the tags or in the title.
- Searches may only be performed once every 3 seconds.
- Searches with only exclusions are not permitted.
- A maximum of 8 terms will be used to search. Any extra terms will be ignored.
- Any alphanumeric term under 3 characters (besides "3d") will be ignored unless a non-misc namespace is included.
- It is possible to search with single characters from East-Asian languages such as Japanese.
- If tag searching is enabled, common terms such as "the" will be ignored unless they are made part of a larger term (either by using quotes or a wildcard).
- Search results are capped at 200,000 regardless of options or terms used.
- Certain keywords are blocked and will yield no results; this is intentional.
- The "uploader" faux-namespace is limited to one per search.
- It does not count as a positive search term; including only exclusions along with one will not work.
- Title matches effectively perform as if the English title and the Japanese title were part of a single string.
- This means that a search for "book*2004" or "book?2004" (but not "book2004") would return a gallery with the English title "2004 Book" and the Japanese title "2004本" even though neither title taken alone actually matches that search.
- Certain Unicode characters are not processed well by the search engine, possibly returning a match for the wrong character. Using 2+ characters together will reduce the chances of getting a wrong match.
Title vs Tag Matches
The search engine finds matches differently for gallery titles and for tags.
For titles the engine may attempt a match anywhere, even in the middle of a word.
- A search for "berry" could match a title "Berry Blue" or "Strawberry".
For tags the engine will only attempt a match on the whole tag (from the start of the tag) or on a word in the tag (from the beginning of the word).
- A search for "berry" could match a tag "berry blue" but not "strawberry".
- A search for "I*berry" or "st*berry" would match the tag parody:i my me strawberry eggs. The former matches the whole tag and the latter matches a word in the tag. The search "my*berry" would not since that string cannot match the whole tag or an individual word.
- Search Gallery Name
- Enabled by default.
- Search Gallery Tags
- Enabled by default.
- Search Description
- Searches the text of descriptions made by the galleries' uploaders.
- Search Torrent Filenames
- Searches the names of torrents.
- Only Show Galleries With Torrents
- Will exclude galleries with no torrents.
- Search Low-Power Tags
- Only works when Search Gallery Tagging is enabled. Regular search is implied.
- Searches tags below 10 mod power (but above 0) in addition to regular search results.
- Search Downvoted Tags
- Only works when Search Gallery Tagging is enabled. Low-power search is implied.
- Searches tags that have been suppressed by downvotes in addition to low-power and regular search results.
- Show Expunged Galleries
- Searches expunged galleries. This does NOT enable the searching of removed, private, or deleted galleries.
- Minimum Rating
- Searches galleries that have a minimum star rating of 2-5.
- Disable default filters
- Causes the search to ignore the filters set in the My Settings page.
The file search interface allows users to find galleries containing images that match or are similar to a given image via upload. Only 1 file can be searched at a time. The uploaded file is NOT stored on the servers. After the initial file search results may be further filtered by way of a bare-bones search interface.
Searches for exact image matches operate by taking the SHA-1 hash of the uploaded file and comparing it to the database of all images in the galleries. Monotone (usually black and white) images will not work on Similarity Scan. Newly created galleries do not have their files indexed in real time
File Search Options
- Use Similarity Scan
- Enabled by default.
- Searches for non-exact matches; better for finding different resolutions, sharpness, or quality.
- Only Search Covers
- Will only compare the uploaded image to the first images of each gallery.
- Show Expunged
- Enables searching expunged galleries' images. This does NOT enable searching removed, private, or deleted galleries' images..
Search by Hash with URL
It is also possible to directly search for a SHA-1 hash without actually uploading an image through the search interface.
Simply substitute the hash value into the end of the URL shown below.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Archives • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||FAQ • My Home • API • Technical Issues • Bans|