Galleries may be commented on by users, often to provide information or to indicate their likes and dislikes of the gallery's contents. The gallery's description is placed at the top of the comments section and cannot be voted on.
Users may vote (and revote) on other users' comments. Votes and comments are subject to mod power and comments are sorted from highest to lowest. Users may not vote on comments if they have commented on the same gallery; existing votes will be removed upon making a comment.
- Users are limited to 1 comment per gallery
- Comments may be edited but not deleted
- Comments may not be searched
- Comments may only be made/edited once every 60 seconds
- This limitation is reduced for users with over 25 mod power
- Only the top 50 comments in a gallery are shown, all others are hidden
- Comments become hidden if they reach -20 mod power
Hidden comments can be made visible by adding "?hc=1" to the end of the URL or by clicking on "(x Hidden)" link at the top of the comments section (x is the number of hidden comments).
- Comments should generally be humorous, insightful, or informative.
- Examples: Listing artist names for images (specifically for Anthologies), linking to more information about the content (such as the artist's website), posting where to place to purchase the content, etc.
- It is advisable to update comments if they become confusing / irrelevant (e.g. Pointing out images that are prohibited content but then the owner removes them).
- Ask for translations, raws, decensoring, torrents, [re-]seeding of torrents, or additional images. Please contact the gallery's uploader directly for the latter or make a bounty for the other types of requests.
- Post about having added a torrent to the gallery; this is already listed on the gallery's information.
- Intentionally abuse or harass other users for any reason.
- Make highly generic comments such as "I like this". These are generally not helpful or unique to the gallery. More in-depth comments are much more appreciated.
- Make comments on nearly every viewed gallery. This can be seen as an attempt at "point whoring" for the Toplist and may result in a ban.
- Post gibberish or irrelevant URLs. This may lead to a ban.
- Use the comments section for discussions; use the forums instead.
- Comment on any technical issues experienced; these are better handled by speaking with the uploader directly or on the forums.
- Encourage the upvoting of false tags, expunges, or renames in any way.
Making and voting for comments (as well as having one's comments voted up), along with rating galleries, rewards points towards the Rating & Reviewing Toplist. There is a limit of 10 comment votes per day that award points. Short comments receive no points even if they are upvoted.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Rules of Engagement • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Doggie Bag • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer • Classic E-Hentai Galleries|
|System||My Home • Technical Issues|