Note that these are not every possible reason a gallery may be expunged, just the most frequently used.
Expunging a gallery is done via the petitioning system. In each gallery there is a link right below the tagging section "Petition to Expunge". Clicking this will launch a new window with the list of reasons for which a gallery is expunged as well as a comment box to explain a user's reasons for expunging. The explanation section must be filled in for the user who is the first to expunge a gallery. Subsequent users do not require a reason but cannot enter a blank explanation.
A user's Mod Power will determine the percentage their vote will contribute. A gallery is expunged once a petition reaches or exceeds 100%. Once an expunge occurs it cannot be undone except by a gallery moderator/admin.
Petitions left incomplete for more than 7 days are automatically cleared. They may also be cleared by a moderator at any time beforehand.
Make sure that the gallery is not already deleted. This can be checked on the left-hand side of the gallery page where it states "Visibility".
Reasons To Expunge
None / Withdraw Petition
This option withdraws a user's vote.
This gallery is a duplicate of equal or lower quality of an earlier posted, clearly marked gallery.
Note that this explanation requires that a link to the superior/previously uploaded gallery.
- An exact duplicate already exists.
- A superior version already exists. (See below)
- The gallery is [largely] a compilation of works not permitted together (e.g. multiple volumes, multiple translations, multiple cg sets)
- There is no requirement to provide sources for compilations. Furthermore, if a user can verify that the compiled content has not been already uploaded, they are free to re-upload it properly.
- A gallery updated more than twice per 30 days (exceptions exist)
- A gallery composed of mostly watermarked reproductions advertising any websites that are not the actual source of the images
This gallery contains only worthless garbage with absolutely no redeeming qualities.
Note that mod power is cut in half for this option, thus requiring twice the votes that any other reason would require.
- Having less than 8 images (unless it is a sample/complete/ongoing story)
- Anything that does not fit with the theme of the site (e.g. non-anime meme images, photos of real places, pictures of cars, etc.)
- Anything considered too low quality (users may NOT select this simply because of any fetishes that do not appeal to them)
- Having only tiny or barely visible images (100x100 or smaller)
This gallery contains unapproved photographic material of real people.
A newer higher-quality and clearly marked copy of this gallery has been uploaded.
Note that this explanation requires that a link to the superior/newly uploaded gallery.
- A superior version now exists which makes the current gallery inferior. (See below)
This gallery contains illicit content, like child porn or anything else forbidden by the Terms of Service.
- Amateur cosplay porn (if the person cannot be verified as being over 18 years of age)
- Anything noted on the Do Not Post list or Prohibited Content list
- Realistic 3D lolicon / shotacon / toddlercon
- Real children regardless of nudity or sexuality
- Real guro, extreme BDSM, or bestiality
- Anything considered "obscene" by law
Note: Minor cases (e.g. 1-2 pics of DNP content in a gallery of 200+ pics) should be reported instead of expunged, with the image #s included in the report.
Tag: prohibited content
What Constitutes A "Superior" Version
The following factors make a gallery superior to other versions:
- More Complete
- This includes:
- Any story images
- Translator credit pages
- Ad pages (some proof that these were part of the work may be required)
- Cover pages (those from DLSite and Getchu may count)
- This does NOT include:
- Blank pages, or pages that are effectively blank
- Credit pages that are not part of the work besides those for translators (e.g. credits from the scanners, colorizers, or decensors)
- Any extras for CG sets such as backgrounds or character portraits
- Any smaller resolutions for CG sets, only the largest ones count
- A fully complete gallery may replace an incomplete that has superior image quality, however if both galleries are incomplete in different ways then they both stay(Ref)
- This includes:
- Corrected Order
- Front cover placement
- For non-covers this only applies to stories or other instances where image order actually matters
- Better Quality
- This includes cleaner scans, no watermarks, increased legibility of text, no folding marks, less artifacts, more visible contrast, etc.
- Images should be as released by the source. Conversions, "retouches", leveling, or removing original source watermarks do NOT count
- The recommended maximum DPI is 300
- Bigger Resolution
- Upscales do NOT qualify
- Uploader Priority
- The original writer/artist posting their own work gets top priority over any other users posting them.
- A translator posting their own translation work will take priority over any other users posting them. This privilege extends to the named translator, followed by the cleaner/editor, then any other known member of the translation group, followed by any known members of the group that did not work on the project
- Commissioners, after-market decensors, and colorizers do NOT receive this privilege
- Duplicate Images Removed
- Updated Translations
- The edits must have been done by the same translator(s)
What Does Not
All versions of the following may exist simultaneously:
- Translated and Raw versions
- Translations of the same language if they are done by different translators
- Different censorships
- Colored and Uncolored versions
- Uncensored and Censored versions
- Paper scans and Digital versions
- Imagesets of any theme (if uploaded by a different user). There is no such thing as a "more complete" collection in this regard
Bad Reasons To Expunge
|Gallery contains lolicon, shotacon, toddlercon, incest, abortion, guro, or scat content||Simply tag the gallery with the appropriate tag(s) and move on. This also applies to anything else seen as "unappealing" as a fetish.|
|Miscategorized||Simply tag the gallery with the correct category to help change it.|
|Gallery is non-pornographic||Simply tag with non-h, misc, or non-nude (whichever is appropriate).|
|Incorrect Name||Put in or request a rename petition instead.|
|Incomplete||An incomplete gallery may only be expunged via replacement by a more complete gallery.|
|Torrent||Anything that has to do with a gallery's torrent (or lack thereof) is entirely irrelevant. Torrents themselves can be expunged if need be.|
|Themeless||Galleries with no central theme are permitted.|
|Rewrite||Rewrites are permitted.|
Please note that making too many false or incorrect expunges can result in a ban.
The following are the correct actions for underage content:
|Drawn||lolicon / shotacon / toddlercon||X||X|
|Realistic 3D||prohibited content||✔||X|
|Real children (regardless of nudity or sexuality)1||prohibited content||✔||✔|
1 - Should also be posted here to alert moderators.
If a gallery is "Visible" to at least 1 user (besides Tenboro) it is counted as existing in the system and thus any re-uploads should be expunged.
Effects of Expunging
- Expunged galleries become unsearchable by default but may be searched via the advanced search setting "Show Expunged Galleries".
- Expunged galleries may be deleted at any time by their uploader via the owner's Gallery Manager.
- Any user having multiple galleries of theirs expunged as duplicates in a short period of time will be automatically banned from further uploads for a period of time.
- Wrongfully Expunged Vigilante - Users who feel that something was expunged unjustly may post about it here.
- Note that Alpha 7 serves as chief moderator and has final say for all expunging matters.
- Expunge Guidelines, “What happened to my gallery?” - Guidelines for expunging. A must-read for those wishing to participate in expunging.
- Re-Up vigilante - For posting links to galleries that require more votes or to ask if something is appropriate to expunge. Primarily for the "already uploaded" reason but is open to all the others.
- Expunge Tracker Subforum - Lists all expunge actions performed by users. A thread is automatically created when a gallery is petitioned and updates itself as needed. Discussions on individual gallery petitions such as disagreements can be done here.
- Not sure which to keep, which to expunge - For discussing more difficult cases of deciding which galleries to expunge (e.g. very similar looking galleries).
- Gallery Tagging
- Expunge Tracker Subforum
- SOCOM - Any incomplete expunge petitions that are 3-7 days old are listed here.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Rules of Engagement • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Doggie Bag • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Mechanics (Namespaces)|
|Other||Mod Power • Renaming • Expunging • Rating • Commenting • Reporting|
|Rewards||Gallery Points • Credits • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer • Classic E-Hentai Galleries|
|System||My Home • Technical Issues|