Expunging a gallery is handled via a petitioning system. Each gallery has a "Petition to Expunge" link on the right side above the images. Any user with mod power 5 or above may start a gallery expunge. Otherwise, this forum thread can be used to ask for an expunge to be created on your behalf.
The "Petition to Expunge" link will replace the gallery's image section with a list of reasons a gallery can be expunged. An explanation for the expunge must be provided in the input boxes by the user who files an expunge petition, and in some cases a URL of the invalid gallery should be provided.
Once a petition is created, subsequent users with a mod power of at least 2 may vote for or against the petition. These subsequent votes do not require a reason for voting, but one may be optionally provided. Votes for the petition add to the petition score, votes against reduce the score. A user's mod power will determine how much their vote will contribute (capped at 30; 40 for base bonus users).
In order for the gallery to be expunged a petition must reach a score of 100 and then remain there for 15 minutes, once that happens the petition becomes ACTIVE and the gallery is expunged. A petition may have a score above 100, protecting it from 'against' votes for the required period of 15 minutes.
A gallery may have multiple independent petitions active at the same time. In the event that one petition becomes ACTIVE all other petitions on the gallery are deleted.
Petitions left incomplete for more than 7 days are automatically cleared.
Appeal an Incorrect Expunge
In the event an expunge was carried out incorrectly, the expunge can be appealed. Within the first 7 days of the expunge any user with 10 or more mod power can create an appeal petition. Only veto holders may create an appeal after this time.
Similar to expunge petitions, users may vote for or against an appeal with an optional comment. If the appeal petition surpasses a sum of votes of 100 or more for 15 minutes the expunge will be revoked and the gallery will be restored.
After a successful expunge appeal only veto holders may start a further expunge petition on that gallery.
Users who participated in the original expunge petition may not participate in voting on an appeal petition, aside from creating them if they realize it was incorrect.
Make sure the gallery is "Visible"; this status is indicated on the left-hand side of the gallery.
Reverting and Splitting
Reversion should be requested when an uploader solely removes legitimate content from a gallery. Please do not expunge these galleries.
- Reverted galleries will be locked for updating to prevent further sabotaging.
Gallery chain split should be requested when an uploader overwrites a gallery with other irrelevant content, assuming that both iterations can be considered as valid galleries on their own.
- The split gallery will not have any ratings, favorites, comments, torrents, or tags from the original chain.
- Both the original and split gallery will be locked for updating.
To submit a reversion/split request:
- Step 1: Visit the version of the gallery to be reverted back to (not the inferior version).
- Step 2: Press "Report Gallery" and scroll down.
- Step 3: Select the "Other Illicit Content" option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Put in your e-mail address.
- Step 5: Type "Revert" / "Split *Gallery IDs* " and briefly state why the gallery should be reverted/split in the "Report Details" box.
- Step 6: Send the report.
While not mandatory, you are encouraged to document your reversion/split requests over this thread. Notifying the community will help to prevent redundant requests from being submitted.
Reasons To Expunge
This gallery is a duplicate of equal or lower quality of an earlier posted gallery.
This explanation requires a link to the superior / previously uploaded gallery.
- An exact duplicate already exists.
- A superior version already exists (see below).
- The gallery is a reupload of a work that has previously been removed by the administration.
- The gallery is a compilation of works not permitted together:
- Images from official sets (such as a comics, tankoubons, or CG sets) should not be substantially included in other collections of images.
- Combinations of chapters from multiple tankoubons are not permitted, although related chapters from multiple anthologies are.
- Multiple language translations should not be combined in a single gallery.
- At least 1 source must be provided if the source has already been posted. Alternatively, at least 1 portion of the gallery that requires separation must be specified.
- A gallery updated more than twice per 30 days (a.k.a. excessive bumping). Some exceptions exist. A gallery expunged for this reason may not be re-published until 30+ days have passed.
A newer higher-quality and clearly marked copy of this gallery has been uploaded.
This explanation requires a link to the superior gallery.
- A superior version now exists which makes the current gallery inferior. (See below)
This gallery contains either illicit content like child porn or anything else forbidden by the Terms of Service, or otherwise falls under the Expunge Guidelines (specify below).
- Anything indexed on the Do Not Post list.
- Any content not included in this list should not be expunged for this reason. If the gallery has previously been removed by the administration, but not listed on the Do Not Post list, expunge the reupload as already uploaded.
- Minor instances should not be expunged but instead reported with the image numbers included in the report.(Ref)
- Content published by Wani Magazine does not apply (but may qualify as already uploaded). For a list of known Wani tankoubons that are no longer acceptable see Tankoubon DNP.
- Any real person that cannot be verified as being 18+ years of age.
- Real children regardless of nudity or sexuality.
- Real guro, extreme BDSM, bestiality or anything else considered "obscene" by law.
- Intentionally adding censorship beyond the artist's.
- Mainstream commercial manga, especially non-h (based on publisher; e.g. Media Factory, Akita Shoten).
- Anything that does not fit with the theme of the site (e.g. memes, photos of real places/objects, etc.)
- Politically charged or extremist content.
- Having less than 8 images (unless it is a sample / complete work / ongoing story/set).
- Having tiny or barely visible images.
Tag: forbidden content
- Non-cosplay porn or pictures of real people.
- Generic cosplay (any cosplay not of an established character or series).
- A gallery composed of watermarked reproductions advertising a website unrelated to the content's creation, scanning, or translation.
The most common type of superiority is the amount of content a gallery contains. There are 3 classifications of content:
||Always. A gallery missing any core content can be replaced by one that has more/all of it.|
||Can be included but cannot replace an existing gallery with all of its core content.|
||Not at all, but do not make a gallery expungable.|
The following factors also make a gallery superior to other versions:
- Corrected Order
- Front cover placement.
- For non-covers this only applies to stories or other instances where image order actually matters.
- Better Quality
- Images should be as released by the source. Conversions, retouching, leveling, splitting double-pages into singles, or removing original source watermarks are NOT permitted.
- This includes cleaner scans, no watermarks/scanmarks, increased legibility of text, no folding marks, less artifacts, more visible contrast, etc.
- Maximum DPI is 300; anything greater is considered excessive.
- Single page scans are preferred over double-page scans.
- A fully complete gallery may replace an incomplete one of superior image quality; however, if both galleries are incomplete in different ways then they both stay.(Ref)
- Larger Resolution
- Upscales do NOT qualify.
- Duplicate Images Removed
- Updated Translations
- The edits must have been done by the same translator(s).
|1||Original artist posting their own art
|2||Translator posting their own translation
|3||Commissioner of the art or translation (proof required)
Priority 1-2 uploads can only be replaced if the new gallery is from the same user (or another member of the same translation team).
All versions of the following may exist simultaneously:
- Translated and Raw versions
- Translations by different translators
- Different censorships
- Colored and Uncolored versions
- Uncensored and Censored versions
- Paper scans and Digital versions
- Imagesets of any theme, if uploaded by a different user. There is no such thing as a "more complete" collection in this regard.
Bad Reasons To Expunge
|Bad Reason||Explanation / Proper Action|
|Gallery contains lolicon, shotacon, toddlercon, incest, abortion, guro, or scat content||Tag appropriately and move on. This also applies to anything else one might find "unappealing" or "offensive".|
|Miscategorized||Tag with the correct category to help change it.|
|Gallery is non-pornographic||Tag appropriately (non-h, western non-h, or non-nude).|
|Incorrect Name||Make or request a rename petition.|
|Incomplete / Sample||An incomplete/sample gallery may only be replacement expunged by a more complete gallery.|
|Torrent||A gallery's torrents (or lack thereof) are not relevant to the gallery itself. The EHTracker has a separate expunging system.|
|Themeless||Galleries with no central theme are permitted.|
|Rewrite / Redraw||Rewrites and redraws are permitted.|
|Mistagged||Post the incorrect tags here.|
|Gallery Suicides (e.g. Replacing a gallery with a white page)||Request for a reversion instead.|
|Uploader / User Request||Uploaders do not have claim to their galleries once published. Copyright claims may only be done by their respective owners via the report function.
Misrepresenting copyright ownership will lead to a permanent ban.
The following are the correct actions for underage content:
|Drawn||lolicon / shotacon / toddlercon||X||X|
|Realistic 3D||forbidden content||X||✔|
|Real children (regardless of nudity or sexuality)||realporn||✔||✔||Post here to alert moderators.|
If a gallery is "Visible" to at least 1 user (besides Tenboro) it is counted as existing in the system and thus any re-uploads should be expunged.
Effects of Expunging
- Expunged galleries cease earning any GP. Galleries expunged within 4 hours of their publishing receive no GP at all.
- Expunged galleries become unsearchable by default and require the advanced search setting "Show Expunged Galleries".
- Expunged galleries may be deleted by their uploader via the My Galleries UI.
Repeated poor use of expunge petitions may result in the user being banned from using them further.
- Users cannot start expunge petitions on galleries that have previously been de-expunged. Veto holders are exempt and other users may join in should a vetoer start a petition.
- Expunging, Appealing and Reverting Assistance - For galleries that require more votes be it expunge or appeal.
- Not sure which to keep, which to expunge - For discussing difficult cases (e.g. very similar galleries).
- Gallery Tagging
- Expunge Tracker
- For more advanced rulings and clarifications please see the talk page.
|E-Hentai Galleries Navigation|
|Finding||Gallery Searching • Bounty System • Favorites • Making Requests|
|Directory||Anthologies • Artist Recommendations|
|Uploading||Making Galleries • Gallery Categories • Gallery Manager • Gallery Descriptions|
|Downloading||Archives • Hentai@Home • EHTracker • Gallery Readers|
|User Actions||Tagging||Fetish Listing • Know The Difference • Mechanics (Namespaces) • My Tags|
|Other||Commenting • Expunging • Mod Power • Rating • Renaming • Reporting|
|Rewards||Credits • Gallery Points • Hath Perks • Toplists|
|Viewing||Lo-Fi • Multi-Page Viewer|
|System||API • Bans • FAQ • My Home • Technical Issues|